SHRM Learning System Champion
How to become a SHRM Learning System Champion?
Chapters can either partner with a SHRM Education Partner to promote an instructor-led course that uses the SHRM Learning System and/or host and administer a facilitator-led SHRM Learning System study group.
Below is a list of ways to promote a Chapter Study Group. Please complete at least three of the items below to qualify for recognition. We suggest implementing these at least four weeks prior to the study group/course commencement:
- Post course or study group notification on the chapter’s website
- Place announcement in chapter newsletter, if applicable
- Place the SHRM Learning System tile ad on the chapter’s home page
- Announce the course or study group at a chapter event
- Send an e-mail blast to members to promote the course or study group
- Post a message on LinkedIn or other social media group pages
- Promote course or study group at state HR conferences or regional meetings
SHRM Excel Awards
If chapters have completed Sections I and II of the SHAPE report, they may apply for an Excel Award.
The Excel Awards recognize achievements by SHRM chapters and state councils in three categories:
SERVING HR PROFESSIONALS
Initiatives that support and promote professionals with HR responsibility to be successful business leaders. Activities may be related to certification, professional learning or skills development
ADVANCING THE HR PROFESSION
Initiatives advancing the HR profession by creating awareness with or supporting key constituents including workplace, government and regulatory representatives, employers, schools, media and the community at large. Activities may be outreach and awareness programs, government or public affairs, or focused on such key issues such as inclusion, diversity or workforce readiness.
ENHANCING THE SHRM COMMUNITY
Initiatives providing programs and services that support SHRM, meet members’ needs, or further the Chapter or State Council efforts. Activities may include efforts to foster member engagement, retention and acquisition, volunteer development and recognition, or supporting the SHRM Foundation (e.g. conducting a leadership campaign, hosting a fundraising event or receiving a SHRM Foundation Innovation Award).
There are four award levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. A minimum of one initiative is required for award consideration, with the number of required initiatives increasing for each award level. At least one initiative must focus on membership (i.e. acquisition, engagement or retention) for each award level.
# OF REQUIRED INITIATIVES
The SHRM Excel Award recognizes accomplishments and strategic activities that enhance the human resources profession.
Johnny C. Taylor, SHRM-SCP, President and CEO of SHRM, says: “So much of SHRM’s success in shaping better workplaces—where employers and employees can thrive together— is owed to the hard work of our chapters and state councils. Through their courage and leadership, HRAGC is driving true, measurable progress toward the healthy, productive, and dynamic workplaces of tomorrow. Awarding this Gold Excel Award is just one small way for SHRM to recognize and celebrate the big steps HRAGC has taken this past year.”
SHRM Foundation Chapter Champions.
SHRM Foundation Champions are SHRM chapters and state councils that support the SHRM Foundation by:
- Making an annual donation to the SHRM Foundation directly from chapter/council funds
- Hosting a fundraising event to benefit the SHRM Foundation
- Encouraging board members and invite all chapter members to join Team Empower by making an individual annual donation of $30 or more and pledging to support the SHRM Foundation’s annual initiative